2nd Annual Team Kopacz Golf Tournament (results):
In sports you often hear about the ‘sophomore slump’ or in music the ‘one hit wonder’ but as we kicked off the 2nd annual TKO Golf Tournament we believed in our message and delivered another successful event. Despite the extreme heat we stood eye to eye with PD and won the day!
- $36,000 raised to support the PD community!
- Of which $18,000 went to Team Fox and the other $18,000 to the University of MN Neurology department to kick off a new program that supports and educates the newly diagnosed about the benefits of exercise.
- Danielle D, Team Fox, rolled up her sleeves and helped us set-up in the morning, supported throughout the day and then delivered an optimistic message for a future without PD!
- Dr. Paul Tuite, Univ of MN and Jason’s neurologist spoke about the work being done to support people with PD until the day a cure is found.
- Kristi surprised Jason with a special video message from Jimmy Choi! Jimmy is one of the many YOPD’ers we have meet through the Michael J Fox Foundation.
- Luca started off the tournament by playing the Star-Spangled Banner on his violin.
Pictures below from 2nd Annual Team Kopacz Golf Tournament (2019)
1st Annual Team Kopacz Golf Tournament: 2018